Programme in brief
Fontys International Business School (FIBS) in cooperation with the FOM Fachhochschule für Oekonomie & Management (Essen, Germany) offers an MBA programme designed for graduates with professional experience. Engineers, Scientists, Lawyers and Arts- and Social Science graduates supplement their specialist knowledge with this MBA degree in order to develop the economic know-how required for managerial positions.
Economy and business graduates will bring their expertise up to date and will gain additional competence for the international business. All students will benefit from the kaleidoscope of experiences and perspectives brought into the study by their fellow-students coming from different backgrounds.
The MBA programme at Fontys International Business School focuses on an integrative practice-oriented approach to thinking and acting. The programme looks constantly into the emerging business flows in the process of decision making.
The MBA study applies a competence-based approach in all its interdisciplinary (specialized) modules in decision-making and management. Work and study do complement each other constantly in the programme. Your work benefits from acquired knowledge directly; one’s every day’s professional experience will be linked with the programme as well.
Semester 1 and 2
For detailed information, please ask for a programme brochure by e-mail:
- module 1: Macro-Economics
- module 2: Marketing
- module 3: Human Resource Management
- module 4: Financial Management
- module 5: Strategic Management
- module 6: Business Law
- module 7: Soft Skills and Leadership Qualities
- module 8: Management Decision Making
- supplementary module: Crash Course in Business Administration (for non economists)
- supplementary module: Crash Course in Methodology
One choice is made out of the 5 MBA Specialist Fields:
- International Management: 3 modules
- Marketing and Sales management: 3 modules
- Financial Management: 3 modules
- Project and Contract Management: 3 modules
- Quality and Change Management: 3 modules
In addition to the specialist field of your choice, you will round off the 3rd semester with the module Research Methods.
In the 4th semester you work on your Master thesis.